Why invest in RPAC?
“If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu.” Lawmakers have the power to make decisions on countless issues affecting real estate. RPAC and our strong advocacy program help us be at the table where decisions are made, whether at city hall, Springfield, or Washington, D.C.
RPAC – Where Your Money Goes from Illinois REALTORS®
Imagine your real estate business with …
- New service tax on commissions
- Elimination of the Mortgage Interest Deduction
- 10% tax on real estate advertising
- $50 sign fee for each of your listings
- Mandatory video sewer inspections costing an average of $500
- $200 business registration fee for every licensee
- No National Flood Insurance Program complicating or preventing closings on homes that are in flood zones
- Mandatory fire sprinklers in new and rehabbed homes costing $10,000 or more
These are examples of threats that our legislative efforts have helped STOP!
Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. The amounts indicated are merely guidelines and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amounts. The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local associations will not favor or disadvantage any member because of the amount contributed or a decision not to contribute. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. Your contribution is split between National RPAC and the State PAC in your state. Contact your State Association or PAC for information about the percentages of your contribution provided to National RPAC and to the State PAC. The National RPAC portion is used to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116